Thursday, May 2, 2013

Fort Wayne's public transit is growing up....maybe!

This came through my Facebook feed today and it caught my attention in a positive way! It appears that Fort Wayne is taking a big picture view of public transportation.  We have an active bike community and an ever growing great system of trails.  But this press release says the conversation will involve more than just Citilink.  The regional planning commission and the county system are also at the table.  I know first steps don't result in instant change, but that this kind of visioning is even under consideration, I find huge for my fair city!   We won't be building light rail like Indy is trying to do, but the more ways we can connect our region that are not only auto dependent, the better off we all will be in so many ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment