Friday, August 16, 2013

One year ago today...



A much smaller Pete, a much larger me and our silver Saturn station wagon.

we started our carftree experiment.  The silver Saturn station wagon went to the shop.  To catch up on the whole story, you can read this earlier entry.  I can't say it was to celebrate exactly, but my son and I went to the West Main farmers market this afternoon and I got 25 lbs of peaches and 10 lbs of blueberries.  And they got home - by bike!   I don't think I would have even considered trying something like that  a year ago.   It  was not an elegant trip home.  The box fell off to the side of the carrier several times, before I gave up and walked the bike with the peaches the rest of the way home uneventfully.  But now I've got some of those peaches in the freezer.  I may even try canning some of them!



No comments:

Post a Comment